Friday, July 10, 2009

Blender with a Buzz



I recently purchased The Magic Bullet because a colleague of mine was raving about this little blender. I've had it only a week and have fallen in gadget heaven.

I only can comment on his smoothie making abilities. However, you can do anything from chopping a onion to making an iced frappachino. I refer to it as a "he" because of it's power. I call mine Thomas, like Thomas the Tank Engine!

You can purchase this little engine that could online or in stores for around $45-$60 depending on if you get the kit with multiple attachments (I got the 17 piece set and it's worth it!). The best part is that there is little clean up and no mess.

With or without this gizmo, here is a Toasty Buns' (a.k.a me) original recipe:

Berry Delicious Smoothie

Ingredients: (one serving)

  • 5 ice cubes
  • 4 large spoonfuls of 0% fat free greek yogurt
  • Handful of fresh blueberries
  • Palmful of fresh blackberries
  • 1/2 cup of Peach Juice (I used Tropicana Peach Punch)
  • 2 small Splenda packets

Directions:

It's as easy as combine and blend. Add more ice for thicker consistency.

Nutrition:
200-250 calories
Almost no fat

No comments:

Post a Comment