Monday, July 20, 2009

NYC Italian...86 Little Italy

If you are ever in NYC and are looking for good Italian food, please steer clear of tourist infested Little Italy. I swear Mulberry St. has one massive kitchen in the back where they make the same food for all 50 restaurants. If you would rather go to a more affordable place with a local feel and better food, I have listed a few of my favorite spots.

1. Piccolo Angolo- West Village
2. Crispo- Meatpacking
3. Bread- Soho
4. Max's- East Village

I went to Bread in Soho this past Saturday and it was Yum! It is a NY Magazine's Critics Pick. We started with a meat & cheese plate and fried calamari. I went with the meatballs and potatos (pictured) as my main dish, which was the biggest hit. However, I don't think you can go wrong at this spot. We also got multiple bottles of wine and the total bill was only $40 a person with tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment