Wednesday, September 16, 2009

It's Bacon

I have heard of infusing vodka with fruits, mint, and vanilla...but BACON, that was a new one for me. This past weekend I ventured out to Greenpoint, Brooklyn for Sunday Funday with some friends. We started off at a place called 68. They had been infusing vodka with bacon as an expirement for the past few weeks. The day we arrived happend to be the day they were testing it out. We tried bacon martinis and bacon bloody marys. I think the vodka worked better in the bloody mary because it wasn't too overpowering. It just had a hint of bacon flavor; where the bacon martini was extreemly potent. I am not sure if my palet could stomach more than one bacon infused beverage.

How to Infuse Vodka:

Toasty Tip: Put green olives stuffed with bacon and blue cheese into your martinis and pickeled snap peas into your bloody marys. They did it and I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment