Friday, July 17, 2009

Food For Thought



What kind of food should you serve at a fundraiser?

If you are throwing a fundraiser and trying to decide what food to serve, the magic word is FREE. Go to your neighborhood restaurants and delis and ask if they would help support your cause by donating food. This way you will not have to take the cost out of what you raise. Try and pick items that will last when sitting out for a while.

Last night a group of my friends and I went on a booze cruise to support the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. The organizer got Subway to donate platters of sandwiches and Brother Jimmy's to donate wings. It might have been the 3 hours of drinking and/or the motion of the ocean, but the combination was a hit. They ended up raising over $2,000! I don't think you can go wrong when combining food, friends, booze, charity, and a boat. Check out my statue of liberty picture I took on my phone from the boat...Leslie do you think I could take Joel Grey!?

Yours foodly,

Toasty Buns

No comments:

Post a Comment