Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Guac Off

While in San Fran I stumbled upon this book which must have been made for me. It consists of two of my favorite things, guacamole and competition. Guac Off has 30 guac recipes and teaches you how to start you own guacamole competition. I can't wait to give the recipes a try. Get ready friends, I could be organizing a little guac competition of my own!

On a side note, when googling "Guac Off" to find out more about the book, the top website that came up was http://www.guacoff.org/. I can't believe I never knew about this. Too bad I missed this years competition. However, I have 9 months to perfect a guac recipe!

Toasty Tip: When picking a ripe avocado, look for ones that are dark green or a brownish color. Then, press you thumb gently into the avocado and make sure it gives. Also, make sure there aren't any air pockets where the skin has separated from the inside, as those tend to create mold pockets. Ripe avocados will only last about a day or two, so pick greener ones if you will not be using it right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment