Monday, August 24, 2009

In-N-Out Burger...How Does It Measure Up?

One cannot make a trip out to the West Coast without giving this much talked about burger joint a try. Even though I was in LA for work, I easily convinced my collegues to join me for my fast food feast. My first philosopy on where their name "In-N-Out Burger" came from, was that their food is so cheap it goes right in...and right out, if you know what I mean. My whole meal with a vanilla milkshake was only $7. Not to shabby for a fast food restaurant that has been compared to 5 Guys where a burger and fries costs around $12. It seems that my second philosophy was correct...it's fast food...you're in-n-out with your burger faster than you can look up their "secret menu" on your iphone.

I heard about In-N-Out's "secret menu" (well not so secret anymore, but they still don't post it at their locations) but shied away from getting the animal fries (w/cheese, bacon, & secret sauce). My waist line says thank you.

I have to be honest and say that I prefer 5 Guys to In-N-Out. However, for the price I think it's pretty darn fantastic. Oh, and not to mention, they toast their buns!!! On a side note, I am not sure if I will ever find a fast food burger place better than Braums, which I will blog about on another day.

Yours foodly,

Toasty Buns

No comments:

Post a Comment